• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this kit any good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Probably one of the only kits worth getting. All those parts are great parts.

kits

ok well i want a good kit. right now i am running a amd 64 3200+. overclocked to 2600mhz with 1.55volts. depending on the ambient air temp the temps differ alot but right now i have the heat set to 70 and i am idling at 34c and when i play bf2 i get up to about 47c. which this is pretty good considering i am using the stock heatsink,thermal pad and fan. Now if i go with that water cooled setup what do you think i can get my temps too?

It's impossible to say what your new temps will be for several reasons such as ambient temps, mounting of the HS and in the future the block, TIM difference, tube routing, percentage of water in the loop, oh and whether the fans are pushing or pulling air through the rad. I am sure there are more that I can't remember right now. All in all you will be happy with water cooling.

Less than 10C over ambient is a good bet depending on what you do with your fans.

Edit: SewerBeing beat me too it. Yeh you should be very happy with your temps.

cooling

right now i have 2 80mm intake fans and 1 120mm exhaust fan for the case, the power supply has 1 120mm intake and 1 80mm exhaust. so what you are saying is that hopefully if setup right i can go from 34c at idle to maybe 24c with that setup? also my case is more than likely not setup for water cooling but should i really worry about this? i know i will have to open the back of the case up for the rad and the 2 120mm fans though.

Last edited:
what LabRat23 is saying is take your room (otherwise known as ambient) temperature and you should be between that and your room temp + 10C. Your actual temp drops are up to the factors I mentioned above but you will get a temp drop.

water

ok well as long as i see a drop from where i am now. in the future i will more than likely run a peltier setup on this machine but for now and for a while i want to get as low temps as possible on just water.

Back