• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5 Months after my WC Build..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goodolarchie

And still loving it! I can turn my fans to dead silent and see only a few degree (*C) gain, My OC's are still higher (not 200-400mhz like people voted in that poll, but still higher), and there is very little dust buildup in my PC. Those things I still consider to be the main advantages of WC'ing, and I regret nothing. I've had to refill my res about 10-15 oz., mostly due to swapping video cards and having my mcw50 leak from the nylon barb fittings :bang head .
BTW, check out the link in my sig to see my build if you haven't already.
I'm going to post some updated pics of the final arrangement of WC'ing components. I have very little vibration from my hydor L30, but I'm considering some kind of rubber or gel mat to mount between it and the bracket its moutned to (I used the rubber suction cup feet and black zipties, but there is still some vibration occasionally).
I'm thinking of beefing up my system a little bit. I did everything on a nice and tight budget (had 2 systems WC'd), did everything for both for under $250. Now that I have a bit more money I'm thinking of upgrading my venice to an Opty 165-180 (somewhere in there). I want to compensate the extra wattage output somehow (20-25% more heat if I'm not mistaken). I think my weak link may be my MCW 6002. I picked it up used, its a bit scuffed but I cleaned it up best I could with acetone. I'm cosidering
A) Lapping the MCW 6002
B) Getting a Storm G5 or other uber WB
I think with this pump, radiator and 1/2" tubing my system is ready otherwise. This thing can remove some serious heat with both sunons pumping 107cfm. I've added my GTX to the mix, which seems to run quite a bit hotter than CPU. Unfortunately I lost Nvidia monitor for the GPU when I updated Forceware, but I'd guess it idles at least 10*C hotter than CPU. That's not too bad considering the CPU sits around 30-34*C. A couple hours into HL2 at 1920x1200 or FEAR will crash it.. I had to reduce the clock/mem speeds. Anyway, just thought some folks might want to know how things fared for a first time WC'er! :cool:
Shot w/ WC'ing Components. Note the L30 mounted upside down. Flow is coming from heater core and going the 7800.
10017287fe.jpg

Ugly, I know, but check out the black muff coming out of the 3.5" bay -->that's some Filter fluff from Home Depot, goes a great job of filtering dust!
10017223ch.jpg

My two new black beauties..... I better lock that window :p
10017315aw.jpg

Last edited:
My case is pretty ugly cable-wise, but I'll add some updated pics, with my new monitor setup 8D

Back