• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black Ice Pro II in 5.25"?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DoweX

Registered
Putting a call out for aquick answer. Anyone that has a Black Ice Pro II, what is the width of the rad (the website gives conflicting info)?

I have been giving it some more thought, and Im thinking of getting a Lian Li 7077, inverting the rear fan so that it blows in and removing the 80mm's (giving 2 120's pulling air in), and trying to install the rad in the 5.25 drive bays (with 2 120 fans exhausting out). Given that this beast has 8 5.25 drive bays, some quick calulations indicate that I will lose 5.6, or defacto 6, drive bays by doing this, leaving me 2 for a DVDROM and DVD burner (excellent). Couple this with MC650, A storm, and dd nb and video cooler. Anyone care to comment?

DoweX said:
Putting a call out for aquick answer. Anyone that has a Black Ice Pro II, what is the width of the rad (the website gives conflicting info)?

I have been giving it some more thought, and Im thinking of getting a Lian Li 7077, inverting the rear fan so that it blows in and removing the 80mm's (giving 2 120's pulling air in), and trying to install the rad in the 5.25 drive bays (with 2 120 fans exhausting out). Given that this beast has 8 5.25 drive bays, some quick calulations indicate that I will lose 5.6, or defacto 6, drive bays by doing this, leaving me 2 for a DVDROM and DVD burner (excellent). Couple this with MC650, A storm, and dd nb and video cooler. Anyone care to comment?
H2OV2L.JPG
wouldn't something like this be a better choice though?

it will fit - people have done it in their cooler master stacker cases - you just need to shim it up with double sided tape or velcro for it to stay put :thup:

Forgive me if this is noobish, but dont the rads need to be vertical to get rid of the air bubbles and prevent them from forming?

(I also gave some thought to making a mounting bracket that used velcro so I could have it on the side of the case)

DoweX said:
Forgive me if this is noobish, but dont the rads need to be vertical to get rid of the air bubbles and prevent them from forming?

(I also gave some thought to making a mounting bracket that used velcro so I could have it on the side of the case)
I'm pretty sure if you just bleed it long enough it will be fine; most people mount it horizontally.

bubbles get pushed through the system, they don't get to hang out and migrate upwards while the pump is on. they can get stuck, but just shake the rad.

yep..as everyone is saying its fits just fine.
here's another example :)
img19481sl.jpg

k, thanks. Now If I could just figure out how to dissolve some of the compounds I make in lab for extra glowyness :p. (wont really because they are not soluble in water)

Back