• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ebay scammers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dfi-Boy

ok i sold a lap top on ebay a few days back and i get this email today when i came in to work. now the real buyer is Eric T. so i sent him the email to him. now is there any way i can bust this guy?

Ebay Buyer [[email protected]]
Hello seller,
am the winning bidder of this item:
User Name:eric958
Item# 6826759324
i will be sending the payment to you via paypal and once you have receive the confirmation do not ship it to me at my address, i want you to have it ship to my friend for his birthday via FEDEX using my FEDEX account number for the shipping charges
Name: Lanre O Balogun
Address:48 oyo road edo line building
Ibadan, oyo state Nigeria 23400
FEDEX ACCOUNT NUMBER; 331930849
just take the item to FEDEX and ask for waybill and fill my shipping addresss and your address as shipper and put my FEDEX account number for the shipping cost and send me the tracking number for the shipment
Thanks

my g/f sells adult items i think it would be funny to send him the biggest prick i can get my hands on.

1) Does not belong in forum feedback
2) Stays PG and within rules or gets yanked.

I would just pass it on to ebay. Look at the header from the email in full - where did the email *really* come from?

He may be the real buyer, but DO NOT SEND IT TO NIGERIA. You just *know* what will happen if you do - you will not see a penny.

He's got good, valid feedback on eBay. From the length of time he's been there, on the surface he doesn't appear to be a scammer.
I'd verify everything DIRECTLY with the buyer before doing anything. At least you'll have a record of what is happening. Also, make sure you have cash in hand before any shipping. I know that Paypal isn't the best for protecting its members, but if you make them aware of your concerns beforehand, you'll have a better chance of protecting yourself.

wow these guys are running this scam are building feedback now ?

EDIT: By the looks of things this is a hijacked account he used

NEVER SHIP TO A NON-CONFIRMED/DIFFERENT ADDRESS. your asking to be ripped off like this since shipping to a non-confirmed address IS NOT covered by paypals seller protection policy.

i contacted the real buyer and it was reported to ebay he was realy happy i didnt send it out of country.

the email above came from Ebay Buyer [[email protected]]

i replied

On 12/5/05, Doty, Derrick <[email protected]> wrote:
> THE ITEM WILL BE SHIPPED TO THE PAY PAL ADDY I DO NOT SHIP OUT OF THE
> USA REGARDLESS OF WHOS ACCOUNT GETS BILLED.

sorry fro posting this in the wrong area i seen that right after i put it up

BLcK said:
NEVER SHIP TO A NON-CONFIRMED/DIFFERENT ADDRESS. your asking to be ripped off like this since shipping to a non-confirmed address IS NOT covered by paypals seller protection policy.

Not following this advise is asking to be ripped off

stool said:
know that Paypal isn't the best for protecting its members, but if you make them aware of your concerns beforehand, you'll have a better chance of protecting yourself.

Paypal was ok for me. I got ripped of multiple times. I more or less intimidated the most of guys to solve the conflict. But the one time when one guy started swearing in the worst misspelled english, I just took 1 minute, contacted paypal. Two minutes later his account was under investigation and frozen. Guy contacted me later whining that he'll send me more money then he ripped me off of if I call off investigation. I made $10 extra after recovery of money.

Paypal recovered my money (or didn't yank money away with thieving buyer) multiple times with all of them successful.

Back