• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No online newegg RMA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AZNBoiOnFIYA

ok, i bought my mp3 player less than a week ago and it broke on me. so being within the newegg 30day full refund policy, i go into my account to request an rma. well, i click on it and it says that the product is only covered by the manufacturer. so i sent newegg an email about the rma but my question is can i still rma the thing or will i have to return it back to the manufacturer to get it fixed? im unclear about neweggs policy on this and i just want my money back instead of another mp3 player that might/might not break on me.

Unfortunately, I'm rather certain that you'll have to RMA it through the manufacturer. But don't worry, perhaps you should be happy about that, here's why:

I have to say, Newegg's RMA process -- like many things at Newegg -- has really declined over the last year. Like you, I purchased an MP3 player last November at the 'Egg with an extended warranty (yet another thing which has all but disappeared from most items). I bought the warranty because I had read that the Creative player I bought tends to give up just outside of its abismal 90-day warranty. Well, here I am a year later and boom, the hard drive quits.

So it takes me a week to get the RMA approved at Newegg because the extended warranty I bought no longer even exists. Finally, after a terribly frustrating runaround I get someone to create an RMA. I sent my player back and they received it overnight according to my Fedex tracking. A week later, my RMA status still says they haven't received it. Four more phone calls and I finally get someone in the RMA department to find the package and move it along to "received" status. Here I am, one week later, and still no replacement has been sent.

So, the moral of the story is, the days of Newegg's quick n' easy, in-and-out RMA process are dwindling. Since your player is undoubtedly under manufacturer warranty, I bet you will get faster, and more friendly service dealing directly with them.

Good luck,

Odie :)

well, i didnt want a player with issues so i just wanted to get my money back. if all else fails and i have no choice then i guess i would have to send the player in to the manufacturer. its just the whole process of getting a bad x5 thats put me off to RMA it for repair.

Back