• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First WC Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkcrystal

Registered
Hey guys. I dont post much, just read a lot. From what ive gathered, I have made up a list of parts that i can hopefully get for xmas :) Anyways, any input is greatly appreciated. here goes!
CPU Block-
Swiftech Storm
GPU Block-
DD Maze4
Pump-
Swiftech MCP655
Tubing-
MasterKleer 7/16" ID
Radiator-
BlackIce X2 OR BlackIce X3 (not sure yet - input needed :))
Fans-
Delta 75cfm
Water Additive-
HydrX
Other Stuff-
T-Line and DD Fillport

I will be putting this stuff in the stuff in my sig. Any other suggestions? Did i forget anything? Will my temps even improve with this setup?

darkcrystal said:
Hey guys. I dont post much, just read a lot. From what ive gathered, I have made up a list of parts that i can hopefully get for xmas :) Anyways, any input is greatly appreciated. here goes!
CPU Block-
Swiftech Storm
GPU Block-
DD Maze4
Pump-
Swiftech MCP655
Tubing-
MasterKleer 7/16" ID
Radiator-
BlackIce X2 OR BlackIce X3 (not sure yet - input needed :))
Fans-
Delta 75cfm
Water Additive-
HydrX
Other Stuff-
T-Line and DD Fillport

I will be putting this stuff in the stuff in my sig. Any other suggestions? Did i forget anything? Will my temps even improve with this setup?

everything looks perfect except for one thing, if you are going with BIX series rads, you may wanna go with a little more powerful fans, more in the 95-120cfm range, for the BIX series rads to be at full use.

Don't forget to get arctic sliver 5 and clamps. Local Hardware store has cheap clamps.

BIX2 should be enough and more for your system. Also it will be easier to install. These fans might be kinda loud so if you don't have it yet to get a fan controlling device.

Ok, ill go with this fan and this fan controller. I already have some AS5. What kind of clamps are the best? I was going to go with the metal ones that you screw tight, but is there anything better?

Thanks for the input so far.

hey dc :D welcome to the forums, at least to the posting part of it (I just got above post 1000 lol). anyways. That system you have looks awfully similar to the one I will be doing, except I chose to go with the blaceice pro instead so I can use slightly slower/quieter fans.

AFAIK at swc they have the ultra-high speeds on sale for like $10, why not just get those and use the controller on those?

well this is just a plan of what im gettn. not even sure if it will even happen. when the time comes for ordering, ill look into the prices and stuff like that. thanks for the heads up tho :)

good fortune with you new w/c setup dc,

i'm planning on building my first setup too but with lower(alot lower) end parts. update this thread with pics.

if you are referring to getting the 7/16'' tubing. Yes, yes it is. The reason people use 7/16'' is because after dipping the end of the tube in some hot water it will stretch over the barb, then when it dries it will shrink again to fit around it. This has a much lower chance of leaking.

Back