• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCP600/AquaXtreme50z mounting orientation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bugsmasher

I am moving my system to a new case - Aerocool Masstige

I would like to mount my MCP600 with its 'bottom' against the side panel of the case next to the motherboard with the inlet pointed towards the back of the case where the res will be mounted and the outlet pointed directly up and away from the motherboard tray. This would be the best way of shortening my tubing lengths if it wont negatively effect the pump itself.

Anyone know why this would work?

Just make sure your res water level that is feeding the pump is higher than the pump so that it has good intake and you can face it however you want.

The res (for no other reason than bling) is going to be 12" tall and 3" in diameter which will be externally mounted. The total vertical displacement of the water for the loop should be around 8" maximum. The pump should be mounted at the level of the outflow barb near the bottom of the reservoir so there should be no problems there.

Thank you for your input, I thought as long as its bled fully before powering up it should be fine but I dont have enough experience with these type pumps to be sure.

you can mount our pump whatever way you want, only filling and bleeding are of concern. Mount it and then rotate you rcase appopriately to suffice for the different orientation while fillin / bleeding.
Im afraid gravity has little to do with here in a closed loop scnario, so just make sure you fill the entire pump with waterr and have plenty coming its way during initial moments of filling.

Back