• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NewEgg's ripoff pricing.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
thermalright products have always been hugely overpriced on newegg its nothing new. Back in april when i ordered my first xp120 it was the same price as was the XP90.

Sidewinder
jab-tech
svc

have always had better deals on those thermalright products for some reason

Rattle said:
thermalright products have always been hugely overpriced on newegg its nothing new. Back in april when i ordered my first xp120 it was the same price as was the XP90.

Sidewinder
jab-tech
svc

have always had better deals on those thermalright products for some reason

Come on... $51+?

I have seen it for ~35 to low 40s at the egg. Why the jump to 50+?

And last year when I was looking for an XP90, it was ~$40 shipped. In one year, instead of the price going down, instead of it staying the same, it goes up? I mean... it didn't even go up a few bucks. It went up 20-25%.

I've never seen good prices on thermalright products at newegg

I always go to sidwinder for my cooling needs anyway.

WABAM! Thanks! :)

I can get a XP90C and Panaflow high-speed at Jab-Tech UPS Ground shipped for $60.21... just calculated.

Sidewinder, same combo, for $61.75, but USPS Priority shipped.

Ive never bought cooling products from the egg for this reason, unless its a refurb/clearence and its nice and cheap. Just never have been a good deal there as others have said.

When I look for a top dollar part. I go to the egg first then go elsewhere to justify how much I saved... lol

I have been finding myself looking on newegg for deals less of late. Some of thier prices do seem to be much higher then the rest of the huge online shopping experiance.

Simple supply and demand. If people want it, prices go up. Welcome to America.

While i do agree with you that the price is high, if someone really wants it, they will pay that much. But in true American tradition, you can buy the same product at another store and save a few greenbacks.

i agree on the turn for the worse, their shipping switched to UPS over fedex. what used to be 2.99 3 day shipping is now 5.99 3 day (that takes 4) and 3.99 5-10 day (that takes 14)

of course they still offer fedex, but the prices are way up there. $15 for 3 day on some ram, when it used to be 2.99.

ive found myself going to ebay before newegg.

And by now you would think that people learned to use pricegrabber.com or froogle.com to search for best price.

If anybody thinks that price is high, you might be right, but then again there probably is another place that charges even more. Buyer should always do some searching prior to buying, attaching to one place will lead only to exploiting.

here is what it comes down to. neweggs prices have been going up, because most of the time people are satisfied with them. People would much rather pay for quality. Dont you think this is their plan all along? dont you think its every small buisness plan? make sure you get the customer to love you, then they will pay whatever you ask.. its working. i need to add i DO NOT support neweggs high price, but i can see why they do it. there are idiots that will pay it. I would much rather buy a videocard/motherboard from newegg because their RMA service is 2nd to none.. but when is the next time i will need to RMA a xp-120? i mean, come on...

Bob Vila said:
The best thing you can do if you don't like Newegg's ripoff pricing is not to shop there.

That was the most intelligent response I have ever heard. Thank you for your outstanding, and perfectly worded response.

If anyone comes to this thread to say:
-Why don't you use pricegrabber
-Then don't shop there
-Other stores charge more

Then you obviously don't know me. I buy at the cheapest price if it's worth it at the vendor in question.

The point of this thread is to express my thoughts on newegg's supply and demand move. That's what it was in disguise, and one person already saw that (mattaylor).

Please, don't come in here and state the obvious, the obvious that I did NOT overlook. I'm not stupid. Thanks for attemping to prove otherwise.

By the way, I still shop at NewEgg b/c not everything is a bad deal. I just bought something on Monday, actually.

In order to draw a supply and demand curve we would need to know the quantities they are selling. They probably wont tell us the quantities. So wouldn't any inferences we draw be rather subjective?

IDK about cooling as I haven't shopped for that in quite some time, but I do know that i saved about 450 dollars on 1100 dollars worth of X-mas presents by shopping at the Egg. I saved over 200 dollars on 3 itemps alone and used many of the "pricewatch" type sites to look stuff up.

Every item I bought from there the price could not be beat...even after shipping. Some items i used the FedEx and some I used UPS, but it always suggested the cheapest, and they used to not do that. That's a turn for the better IMO.

They may not have the best prices on everything, because that is dictated by volume of sales, and the quantity they buy. it also has to do with what the manufacturer charges them, and that can sometimes be dirty buisness.

I don't see NewEgg taking a turn for the worse at all. They still have great prices on most items, they ship fast, and they keep you informed about your purchase through e-mail. They also make things right quickly when problems arise. I haven't seen any of that change.

Back