• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

push and pull...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
you may want to try a pull >> pull setup . tried it and had significant decrease in LOAD TEMP.

bapski said:
you may want to try a pull >> pull setup . tried it and had significant decrease in LOAD TEMP.

my rad setup is external.
rad>>fan1 pull>>fan2 pull>>

Depending on the radiator Thermochill PA series does better with push. Though the difference between push and pull is minimal on any radiator.

meionm said:
the difference between push and pull is minimal on any radiator.
Agree. But using a shroud and fans in a pull configuration evens out the pressure (vacuum!) across the face of the rad. For most this ia a goodthing. Even with shrouds, a push configuration results in uneven pressure across the face of the rad. Less in the center, more under the blades and less at the perifery. But overall, either way shows very small differences.

So if Im using a BIXIII, should I do push or pull? I dont have room for push and pull.

Im hoping pull, because I was thinking about mounting the RAD on top of my case.

Thanks

shawkins said:
So if Im using a BIXIII, should I do push or pull? I dont have room for push and pull.

Im hoping pull, because I was thinking about mounting the RAD on top of my case.

Thanks
It won't really matter that much. What ever works better for you.

meionm said:
Depending on the radiator Thermochill PA series does better with push. Though the difference between push and pull is minimal on any radiator.

wonder where you got this data. can't seem to find any article, thread that would support this.

all i found is this: THERMOCHILL.COM and there is no mention of pa series benefiting a push config.

Alright, now that I have my case and Im planning things out, I think Im going to have my front and rear Fans as intake fans and use the RAD fans at the top as exhausts pushing air out through the RAD. Is this a bad idear?

Thanks

I thought the purpose of Push Pull is so that u can run both fans at like 7v or lower settings to get the same performane as 1xfan @ 12v....or using 2x slower thans instead of 1 faster......get it?

=LESS NOISE...this may just be a theory since it's just what I've been told

wonder where you got this data. can't seem to find any article, thread that would support this.

all i found is this: THERMOCHILL.COM and there is no mention of pa series benefiting a push config.

S'been said by myself and Cathar in various threads around the net on various forums... mainly on XS. Testing results aren't yet complete for PA Series hence not published yet.

See http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1081012&postcount=86
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1081519&postcount=97

S'also in the ThermoChill FAQ, under section 3.

Last edited:
I thought the purpose of Push Pull is so that u can run both fans at like 7v or lower settings to get the same performane as 1xfan @ 12v....or using 2x slower thans instead of 1 faster......get it?

=LESS NOISE...this may just be a theory since it's just what I've been told

Yep, but more fans (eg: double the number of fans at roughly half the voltage) is added expense, when there are rads out there designed to perform with silent fans such as the Nexus, that are literally silent at 12v (going off the majority's definition of silence).

For instance, if a HE120.2 owner wanted to run silent fans, he'd likely end up with 4x Nexus fans at 7v on the rad.... however, that's 4x the cost in fans, and a single Nexus 120mm on a PA160 would likely match it... and a single Nexus at 12v is actually quieter than 4x at 7v. A single Nexus at 7v on the PA160 would still only be a handful (2 to 4 degrees) behind the same fan at 12v, but would be 4 times quieter than 4x Nexus fans at 7v.

Ultimately all depends on the rad in question and it's air resistance.

[O-CuK]Marci said:
S'been said by myself and Cathar in various threads around the net on various forums... mainly on XS. Testing results aren't yet complete for PA Series hence not published yet.

See http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1081012&postcount=86
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1081519&postcount=97

S'also in the ThermoChill FAQ, under section 3.

now i am really confused. i have the pa120.3. my fans are on my sig. i tried the push config. and i have a worse FOLDING TEMP. with fans pulling i was at 46-47. with pushing its at 48-49!

dunno if it matters where my fans are but they are on the side where the barbs are.

also noticed fans are louder with pushing than pulling. . . :mad: :mad:

Back