• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Large amounts of traffic. No idea

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

Ok im getting huge choke in CS and the lot. Now i have determined it to my server as my firewall is saying my server comp is sending 10KB up and 3KB down.

I have checkd TCPView and nothing looks wierd.

No wierd processes...

what the hell?

what the hell?

My thoughts exactly. Are you sure you don't have any spyware on your computer? Last time I saw unexplained traffic on a rig was when the guy had some really bad ad-ware.

what is your

rate
cl_rate
cl_updaterate
cl_cmdrate

those can change your performance as well

I hope you have anti-virus software that blocks trojans, scripts, and viruses. High traffic volume is usually (not always) an indication of a trojan. What port is this traffic using? This is the time of year when people can really get nailed. In fact, i got an e-mail the other day with a particularly nasty vatriant of a virus. It was cleaned, and m computer was up to date (as it is 3 times a day), but if i wouldn't let my gurad down, I would've been hammered. From the month of October through the spring time is when the threat levels really get high.

Back