• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got Black Ice Xtreme III

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Herr Rogers

It came with Small screws and little O-Rings. It doesn't look like these screws can go through the width of a 120mm fan though. How am I supposed to mount fans on my radiator?I haven't gotten my fans in yet so I don't know, but these screws are pretty small with these little washers.

the screws are probably to mount it to the case, you will probablly use the screws that come with the fans.

you have to get a really small screwdriver and put in on the bottom ( closest hole to the rad ) and put the driver through the top hole

JJG said:
you have to get a really small screwdriver and put in on the bottom ( closest hole to the rad ) and put the driver through the top hole
What!?

there are 8 holes in the fan... 4 of them are going to be closer to what your mounting the fan to.. you put the screw in that hole that is closer to what your mounting the fan to then put your small screwdriver throught the other hold and tighten. maby this pic's will help you some
101_1558.JPG

IMG_0375.jpg

Ahhhh, I was thinking that they went from the very top to the radiator, turns out there's two layers to the fan, and they go in the bottom hole. Thanks for the pics man!

I actually cured some vibration by using long screws all the way through the other side of mount plate and bent the plastic a bit, not too much, just enough to put some pressure on it. Sometimes being unorthodox has its merits.

Back