• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

swiftech is getting me angry

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

y2jed_2000

I ordered a swiftech micro res about 4 weeks ago and I haven't received it yet :mad: .

I know you are upset, but there is no sale/wanted item solicitation outside of the classifieds. I suggest you CALL Swiftech.

nikhsub1
Forums Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh, I have one running right now that I got from jab-tech a few weeks ago. How exactly can the glue be faulty?

Fighter2a said:
Huh, I have one running right now that I got from jab-tech a few weeks ago. How exactly can the glue be faulty?
Maybe it, you know, stops holding? Maybe it loosens up from the heat, maybe not enough was applied, maybe it's a pressure issue, maybe it's not meant to be used around water and... stops being glue? Hmmm how can glue be faulty?

E-mail I got from Swiftech regarding the bad reservoirs.

Yes it is true. However, the bad batch was clearly and immediately identified. Only 3 consumers received them, we knew who they were and alerted them immediately. The other ones were sent to dealers, and dealers sent them back to us without even opening the boxes.

Go ahead and install your reservoir without further concerns. As usual, you should always test your system for several hours before you energize your motherboard though.
Best Regards,

Gabe
I guess I'll go install mine soon.

Luftwaffle said:
E-mail I got from Swiftech regarding the bad reservoirs.

I guess I'll go install mine soon.

*4 customers.....

I had mine for about a month, and the seams actually split. Messy messy messy.....

Needless to say, I wasn't very happy. But I love my Swifty pump and 6002-775 block. :clap:

You had the Micro-RES? I had a Bay Res 525 thing that split on me. That sucked because I lost 2 DVD drives. I figured out why it split though. I decided not to use it anymore. The Micro-RES seems a lot tougher... It's alright since I don't run water through the reservoir during normal operation anyway. I'll just put it in a safer spot this time.

Back