• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

keep wondering eyes out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maiof

hi all, we have some computers at work that we all use with our own user account. now, if you go "C:/docs&settings/" you see all user accounts..
on 8 of the computers if i'm logged in "mai0f" i can go to "c:/docs&settings/mai0f" but if i try to go to "c:/docs&settings/billyjoeShmoe" it says "access denied".

there is one computer we have that DOESN'T do this, and lets anyone get into other people's accounts.. problem is, it's the bosses puter.. and there's sensitive information on there (i'm in the us air force by the way). how can i go about making her account on that puter on accessable through her account only?

we had the "admin" come by yesterday and he said it was impossible.. but i know that's not true.

thanks,
mai0f

^^ what bchur83 said should do it. But what the heck, people have physical access to your boss' computer and can log on - sheesh, nice security for armed forces. This is not right.

jajmon said:
^^ what bchur83 said should do it. But what the heck, people have physical access to your boss' computer and can log on - sheesh, nice security for armed forces. This is not right.

no, we all have a "secret" security clearance..
what she has that is for her eyes only is repromand paperwork and comedation medels and what not

thanks,
mai0f

Last edited:
Back