• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Micron CAS2 Pc133.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slick306

I have a Celeron 850@1133mhz. I can't get it stable at 1206 or higher because my memory is no good. I can get it into windows at 1275 but it is very unstable. I was wondering if micron PC133 CAS2 memory would be able to do 155mhz bus at cas3? what is the limit of this ram?

Slick.

slick306 said:
I have a Celeron 850@1133mhz. I can't get it stable at 1206 or higher because my memory is no good. I can get it into windows at 1275 but it is very unstable. I was wondering if micron PC133 CAS2 memory would be able to do 155mhz bus at cas3? what is the limit of this ram?

I've not used this brand so I can't give a definite answer. But I can say that it *should be able to do it. My Spectek will hit that. Micron is supposed to be some of the best, so I think it would.

My Micron will only hit about 141 @ CL2. Be warned. Its not that it is bad RAM, its just hit its limit, thats all. I can run 143 @ 2-3-2, but any higher and it gets flakey.

I've got 3 systems running on Micron chipset RAM (from Crucial) and all of them will hit well over 150MHz at CAS2. Only limiting factor I've run into are my RAID controllers so if I get over 155 they begin to die on me. I even have a 256MB stick rated CAS3 that will hit 162MHz before I get RAID corruption so it's hard telling how much more it has left in it.

Solid memory in my opinion. If bought from Crucial, extremely cheap as well (not to mention free 2nd Day Air).

Back