• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help scanning into a PDF

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stang8118

Never posted here before so i hope this is the right spot. The other day i bought an hp1350 all in one printer, now this is my first scanner. My stepdad is a doctor and is moving his office so some of his documents need to change to the new address. So i figured hmm why don't i scan them to PDF so i can edit in the new address for him... but the crap software HP gives you with the printer doesn't have the ability to convert to PDF. Anyone know of any free software (don't care if its only a trial) that i can use so i can convert this?? Thanks.

Check out Adobe Professional. Its got a 30 day trial available. It pretty much lets you convert any file, document, or webpage into a .PDF format. I have the real version and its great.

So... you want to convert (MS Office?) documents to PDF?

Download OpenOffice (http://www.openoffice.org). The Writer application will allow you to export the current document as a PDF. The OpenOffice suite is free.

Last edited:
stang8118 said:
Never posted here before so i hope this is the right spot. The other day i bought an hp1350 all in one printer, now this is my first scanner. My stepdad is a doctor and is moving his office so some of his documents need to change to the new address. So i figured hmm why don't i scan them to PDF so i can edit in the new address for him... but the crap software HP gives you with the printer doesn't have the ability to convert to PDF. Anyone know of any free software (don't care if its only a trial) that i can use so i can convert this?? Thanks.
Yes.

I posted before about how to print to PDF on the cheap (price of 0).

I shall try to find my old post.

Back