• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Super newb water cooling question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No, you can use a T-Line instead of a resevoir. Personally, I prefer a T-Line....it's what I use in my rig.

No but I think it's the easiest way to do it. The reservoir holds a bit of extra fluid witch is needed because water can slowly evaporate through vynal tubing over time. It also makes it a lot easier to get bubbles out of the system as they can float to the top when they reach the reservoir. Alternatively you can use a T line. Picture a T turned upside down with a cap on the top. It should be at the highest point in your system. The bit of tubing at the top of the upside down T has a cap and acts as a mini reservoir. You could get all the bubbles out of the system and make the last connection under water and have a closed loop but I don’t think this would work well over any length of time just considering changes in atmospheric pressure and dissolved gasses in the water.

Back