• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Sticky" mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ducker

I don't know if this is the proper forum to post this in, so if it's not, feel free to move it. And it's problem a dumb question, but what the heck. The mouse cursor on my screen is slow to respond when I move it. It kind of sticks in one place, & then moves a little and just doesn't track right. My hdd is defraged, no viruses, & no adware/spyware. I keep everything up to date. I've got Windows XP Pro, 1gb ram. Any suggestions on what I could try?

Another mouse? :) No, seriously... have you tried another mouse? That's the first thing that comes to my mind. Try pluggin the mouse into another computer to see if you get the same results? Do you get the same sluggish mouse when you boot into safe mode?

Thanks for the replies. Yes it was just the mouse. I forgot that I had tryed out a wireless mouse a few days ago. It wasn't an optical mouse & I didn't like it much, so I changed back to my old optical mouse (w/wire). When I switched back to the wireless....no problems. So, problem solved, thanks for the help (I knew it was a dumb question, just can't hardly believe that I didn't think of it).

I had a problem like that (and it was a windows problem). Annoyed me for almost a year until I got my new computer.

Back