• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Patriot RMA Service

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkknight187

i would like to say it was pretty outstaning. you call and will most likely get an answering machine, leave the info asked for and instead of hold you get a call back (got mine about an hour after) spoke with the rep, he asked me to try single sticks. i brought up the possibility of an advance RMA explained that it was my 2nd RMA (first one was to a vendor) and that i really need this machine up for school purposes. he told me that it's possible but he would need to check with a manager. i acknowledged that it was alright he gave me the necessary info to request an rma. conversation took about 5min without any hassle :)

yeah i had a great experience with them. Bought a 1 gb stick of 3200LL on EBAY used. It failed memtest. Called tech support they gave me an RMA number I sent it back and had a brand new stick in @ week

darkknight187 said:
i would like to say it was pretty outstaning. you call and will most likely get an answering machine, leave the info asked for and instead of hold you get a call back (got mine about an hour after) spoke with the rep, he asked me to try single sticks. i brought up the possibility of an advance RMA explained that it was my 2nd RMA (first one was to a vendor) and that i really need this machine up for school purposes. he told me that it's possible but he would need to check with a manager. i acknowledged that it was alright he gave me the necessary info to request an rma. conversation took about 5min without any hassle :)
Hmmm, I don't know. Still seems like a hassle compared to Crucial RMA service. I've had to RMA memory to Crucial on two separate occassions, and I don't think customer service gets any better than this. Both times, upon calling tech support, I was immediately connected to a tech support rep who just took my word for it that I had a faulty module (no questions asked). The RMA was set up within minutes, and I was given the option to have the new modules cross-shipped with the faulty ones. Also, if the modules were purchased as a matched set, Crucial insists on replacing both sticks, even if only 1 was found to be faulty.

Actually i just sent a stick to rma, quick question how on earth do i find out the STATUS of my rma ... its been 2 weeks im getting worried :(

Back