• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First time Water-cooling...need help choosing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeatM1ser2k4

I wanted to get the opinion of many on which water-cooling system is the best for the system in my sig? Also, please specify if anything additional would need to be purchased to water-cool my video card and RAM.I need a water-cooling system that will fit internally into my case.Thanks in advance for your recommedations! :clap:

PS--If you reccommend a unit thats been reccommended already, please recommend a second water-cooling system if you can

What kind of case do you have and what is your budget? Both plays a large part when deciding on parts. I am fairly new to WC'ing, but I am going to throw some suggestions out there. I am sure if I have made an oversight it will be corrected :) .

Pump: MCP655
Rad: BIPII/BIXII (don't know how big your case is or how you feel about noise level)
CPU block: Storm
GPU block: Maze 4
Ram block(s): I have no clue
Tubing: 1/2" tygon (if price is not an issue) or 7/16" masterklear(sp?)
Fittings: 1/2"
Resivore: If you have space or want one

Just my suggestion FWIW and it may change based on budget and/or case size.

My case is a Thermaltake Xaser III V2000A
My budget is very flexible,but I was hoping to spend around $150-200 ( but could spend more if its more practical)

I wouldnt mind just buying the parts individually,but would need a detailed guide since I am a virgin water-cooler.I want to cool my CPU,GPU, and probably my RAM.I am not a novice to computer hardware by any means,so I wouldnt be intimidated building it part-by-part...but if a kit is the best way to start out, then I hope I have provided enough information.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was mostly concerned with cooling the GPU and CPU...I just need to be pointed in the right direction

Well, those are some of the best parts avaliable right now and it has been eyeballed and approved by a senior so I think you are headed in the right direction. If you need help/directions with putting the parts togehter I am sure somone will be more than happy to assist you with that as well.

get a innovatek setup as they use smaller tubing, smaller blocks and you dont need a lot of space as the resevoir fits on the pump.

noob_ass said:
get a innovatek setup as they use smaller tubing, smaller blocks and you dont need a lot of space as the resevoir fits on the pump.

Well yes but its not as good as the parts recommended above and I think it may actually cost more. All in all with a bit of moddng the parts should fit into the case.

BTW: you don't need a reservoir a T-Line will work just as well. A T-line is also safer and takes up less room.

Alchemy1 said:
Pump: MCP655
Rad: BIPII/BIXII (don't know how big your case is or how you feel about noise level)
CPU block: Storm
GPU block: Maze 4
Ram block(s): I have no clue
Tubing: 1/2" tygon (if price is not an issue) or 7/16" masterklear(sp?)
Fittings: 1/2"
Resivore: If you have space or want one
Alright,now I can look into these items.If anyone wants to suggest a different pump, radiator, resevoir ect, then please do...it will give me more food for thought!Thanks :clap:

I have the same case

You have plenty of room
I took all top monthly roundup best cooling products link and went by that

at first in had the thermaltake big water kit

if you really want to save $ - the thermaltake works GREAT DUDE

its 149.99 with everything just to cool cpu - then add a gpu block thermaltake has for like 32$ more

i have the pD 840 dual core - intels factory matched heatsink/fan was running it at 60c idle

the thermaltake dropped it down to 40c idle
so that shows it works - but its not the best by no means

i was just un happy with 1/4" tubing mainly

but i went to the extreme with same case
look here...
http://www.carolina-customs.com/my-new-box/

I wanted my BIX3 on to show off

but if you want - i can tell you a very nice way to mod the bottom of that case if you want the BIX3

PS- if you go with apogee cpu block - don't be shy - bare down on plastic barbs - force o ring down into its groove - i just has a leak and luckily got it back running

~RD

Last edited:
RDWest2005 said:
You have plenty of room
I took all top monthly roundup best cooling products link and went by that

at first in had the thermaltake big water kit

if you really want to save $ - the thermaltake works GREAT DUDE

its 149.99 with everything just to cool cpu - then add a gpu block thermaltake has for like 32$ more

i have the pD 840 dual core - intels factory matched heatsink/fan was running it at 60c idle

the thermaltake dropped it down to 40c idle
so that shows it works - but its not the best by no means

i was just un happy with 1/4" tubing mainly

but i went to the extreme with same case
look here...
http://www.carolina-customs.com/my-new-box/

I wanted my BIX3 on to show off

but if you want - i can tell you a very nice way to mod the bottom of that case if you want the BIX3

PS- if you go with apogee cpu block - don't be shy - bare down on plastic barbs - force o ring down into its groove - i just has a leak and luckily got it back running

~RD

I dont know how I can thank you for all your efforts, but I at least want you to know how much I appreciate all of the help you have given!

Back