• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My D5 pump and the magic air bubble.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Soong

I’ve had my water cooling equipment on the kitchen counter leak testing for about 2 or 3 days now while I wait for some new fans and ram-sinks to come in the mail; I also have to cut a bit of the case to fit the radiator. Anyway, I’ve noticed something very strange. The intake and return for the loop are submerged at least 6 inches in the container of distilled water yet every few hours I can get a bubble to come out of the pump. If I unplug the pump and tilt it so the intake is facing down, a small bubble a bit bigger than a green pea will float out the top of the pump. I’ve done this so many times I can’t believe there is this much air inside that thing. Where is this air coming from? It’s just confounding!

Soong said:
Where is this air coming from? It’s just confounding!
Prolly a small leak somewhere on the suction side of the loop. You could try reversing the pump...ie swithch the inlet and outlet lines.

Back