• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Taskbar disappeared.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jack222

My taskbar just disappeared. Now when I open someything it shows the icon of what is open in the bottom and I can click the icon...kinda of like object dock but it only shows what is open. I can hit the start button on the keyboard and it bring up the start menu, but just empty space where the taskbar should be.

I uninstalled object dock.

I checked for spyware.

I have no program installed that would do this...

Thanks.

WTH...now it's fine. *sigh* I need to scan for more stuff, something has to be on my system..

But to tell you how it was do this. Just hit the start menu button on your keyboard and when the start menu pops up, just imagine the taskbar not there.

And for the other thing, I don't know. :eh?:

Let me see if I can find out. I stopped a process called "nvsvc32.exe" and that gave my taskbar back. Hmm...that's an nvidia driver. :shrug: Ill scan for more spyware...I just reformated though

Probably a simple error. I know sometimes I have issues like that, like on a certian part of the screen nothing can be displayed, or the system functions like a task bar go away. Usually a system restart fixes the problem though.

Back