• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

since ram is so cheap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ymNA

$28 for 256mb DDR at crucial, I can't resissttttt.....:eek: I wonder how much performance loss (sandra score) if I put one more stick of ram in?(total 512mb, 2 sticks)

i have a gig of ram. i think if all of your ram is good then your sandra scores wont change much.

im interested in getting some crucial ram also. Since I have a new mobo (thanks compaq warranty), I was following what my Copaq manual said, so I thought I could only have 384MB (128MB x 3), so I went out and bought 2 sticks of 128MB (PNY..grrr). Now that I run Sandra, it says I can have a max of 768MB (256MB x 3), Im coming up on some ends later this week, so i'm thinking of getting a stick of Crucial 256MB (pc133), will it suck a$$ if I mix it with the PNY (pc133)?

Krome said:
), I was following what my Copaq manual said, so I thought I could only have 384MB (128MB x 3), so I went out and bought 2 sticks of 128MB (PNY..grrr). Now that I run Sandra, it says I can have a max of 768MB (256MB x 3),

I would trust the manual before Sandra. Just a suggestion before spending your money.

Sandra sez that I can have a max of 512 on my board. It also sez that 2 of my 3 dimm slots are full, which is bull**** (1x256). I'd trust the manual before wasting the money on ram your board can't take advantage of.

ymNA said:
$28 for 256mb DDR at crucial, I can't resissttttt.....:eek: I wonder how much performance loss (sandra score) if I put one more stick of ram in?(total 512mb, 2 sticks)
I purchased another 256mb Crucial, and have now 768mb of Ram and my Sandra score hardly even changed

Oni said:
Sandra sez that I can have a max of 512 on my board. It also sez that 2 of my 3 dimm slots are full, which is bull**** (1x256). I'd trust the manual before wasting the money on ram your board can't take advantage of.

the problem is that it's a new mobo, it's not the original that came with the pc i got in 1998, the mobo was replaced in May of this year. Will it suk a$$ if I install crucial (256MB x 1) to the 256MB PNY (128 x 2) that I have?

Back