• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hmm an 'h' adapter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ankun

I'm wondering if anyone here has heard of an 'h' adapter of some kind.. I plan to use a t-line for filling / bleeding.. but the way I plan to setup my system will put the radiator outlet and my fillport in about the same place.. I figured an adapter in the shape of an 'h' would be better than a 't' with the tubing for the fillport bent massively.. rather than using an elbow.

Or would it be best to try to find a 'y' splitter? idk.. i've attached a picture of roughly what it will look like if you and figure it out, rofl.

THe circle is the pump btw..

Attachments

• hline.JPG
    hline.JPG
    7.1 KB · Views: 129
Hmm I guess I'll do that.. I kind of thought up the question having a brain fart then made my junk diagram.. thats why the mention of the Y is last :p

I guess I'll get a Y fitting then..

btw anyone have any idea why the barb on the T fitting I have is so freaking big? it is made for 1/2" ID tubing but it seems to be huge.. I put some tubing on it and it took forever to get off.. soaking it in 190F water for like 30 seconds didnt seem to help at all either >_< the tubing is clearflex 1/2" ID 3/4" OD.

hehe I thought about that.. but its a REALLY cramped space.. I dont plan on having my fillport a single MM farther from the end of my radiator outlets than I absolutely have to (to be able to get to it to fill it)

edit: I'll probably just go ahead and use a 'Y' fitting. hopefully home depot has one when I go to look for clamps tomorrow.. if they dont have one then screw it.. no way i'll wait a week for a $1.50 fitting to get here :p my t-line will just be kinked slightly. (now that I think about it.. does it even MATTER if it is kinked? provided there is SOME space for air to get through..)

the copper pipe thing might be too big

The distance from the edge of the t to the edge of the 90 on some copper fittings i have is aproximately 2 5/16 in. Imo, that would be a much better sollution if you have the tools for sweating copper pipes. You can even make the dist smaller by removing some copper from the fitting. Ive removed up to 1/4 inch from each fitting when sweating pipes with no adverse affects.

thats a bit like how mine is set up.. i used a Y seems ok good luck

p.s use a T then an L right next to it ;)

Last edited:
Back