• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Received Apogee (First Impressions)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Herr Rogers

My first waterblock, so I have nothing to compare it to, but it's very solid. I took it all apart to see if the copper shavings were there...and they were. I have a high pressure air compressor so I just blew over it and noticed several shaving fly off into the air. It's all good now though.
One question though; does a backplate come with your motherboard or does it come witht he apogee?

it comes with your motherboard.

its made to work with just about any standard mounting mechanism so nothing but bolts and springs are included.

Some motherboards don't come with a backplate if they use some other funky mounting system. Gigabyte has done this in the past. Swiftech & other places like Fry's sell A64 heatsink mounting parts for ~$5.

How's the Apogee working out for you? I can't find a Storm for under $80, and I made the mistake of buying the Apogee before and 3rd party results were out. I currently have a 6002, and I think I'm going to sell the Apogee. The best feature of the Apogee however is that it's a high-flow block so should theorhetically work well with users who also cool their GPUs/NBs/Hdds/etc (basically people with a ton of stuff in their loops). It's great for those of us who don't have crazy high flow/high pressure pumps, but what's the fun in that?

Back