• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Heatcore would cool better..??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crispy

Need help. Ordered my Case today and would like to get the heatercore today also. I really don't have the time or don't want to find the time with school/work/family to buy a cheap heatercore and mod myself. I will be placing HC on outside of Case probably. There are the 2 HC I am currently looking at. If anyone knows some cheaper or better than the ones I have found I'd love to know.
I have found this one
2x120SinglePass $36
1x120DualPass $36
2x120DualPass $50
2x120DualPassRadiator $42

Also How would I mount a Radiator/HC on outside of case? What keeps it from falling? I saw THIS and wasn't sure if this is what people use. Well any and all replies will be appreciated. I would like to order one ASAP so I can start cutting into case to mount it and for tubing. Also what are 2 or 3 good known brands of hoses to use? Tygon and Clearflex? Thanks again.
BTW anyone know where to find a CSP-MAG online and in-stock?

Single pass and more fans=better cooling as a rule.

Real-world differences are not always that great though, and depending on the goal you have set for appearance of the system, a single fan core may suit you better. They are easier to fit inside most cases for sure. ;)

A dual pass core does not do that much worse, really, but since most of the cooling happens with the greatest temperature differential, single pass will generally do better.

AS for mounting- I have bolted through (small bolts carefully through the fins), clamped and simply placed radiators in cases. The only times I have run external radiators I di not have them attached to the case at all.

Just a fyi, the 2x120 single pass is a Fedco 2-342 for a 72 chevy suburban (3/4 ton) with AC. You can get them at autozone for 18.99. Or autozone.com part number 399090

Well I ended up going with the BIPIIDual120 for only $37. I looked for that part # at autozone but couldn't find. Well I hope the BIPII will work well enough. I haven't seen any reviews on radiators so I don't really know what to go by. Thanks for help.

Does that heatercore come with 1/2" barbs stock? I'm guessing not but I figured I'd ask.

Yeah thats what I meant (I always say barbs even when I mean tubes for w/e reason). Sounds like a great deal. I'll look into picking one up myself.

Can I get a Link? I may have to just cancel my order for the BIPII. I would still need to get a shroud for that though right? Heck I'll just call autozone tomorrow. I'll try acouple other auto stores around here also. And I wouldn't need to Cut anything off and tap and insert new barbs or whatever?
Thanks
Now if I can just find a good Pump. Darn CSP-MAG is impossible to find anywhere right now.

So it'll be about $40 all together? Plus I have to cut and paint if I want? $36 for a BIPII2x120 doesn't sound that bad now. It already has shroud and it's painted. Would the HC cool better? I cancelled my order for the BIPII2x120. When you paint/ or when I paint, the heatercore will that hurt it in performance? Would temps raise alittle with the layer of paint on it? Thanks for help

EDIT: Well just called my local Autozone and they saw price as $17.99, but they said that they can't order and can only be ordered online. I goto school with a guy that works at Autozone in a city about 40 miles from here. So I'll see what he can do.

Last edited:
If I remember right, they have free shipping... at least they did when I ordered two a year ago.

If you paint the sides, no performance loss in incoured. Don't paint the fins.

Yes, the 2-342 should cool substantially more than the bip2 if you use powerful enough fans.

Yeah when I tried said cheapest chipping was like $7. So I'll wait and see if my buddy from school can hook me up. Anyone know any other Auto HC that would work well I could try finding around here? Also is that the HC from the 1972 CHEVROLET TRUCK K20 3/4 TON SUB 4WD? I might try and call a different auto store and see if I can't find it somewhere else. Thanks again

Back