• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SVC.com - 3rd time the charm?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

White Runner

On November 17th, I placed an order thru svc.com. I had seen their name a couple of times on here and didn't see anything that would frighten me from using them. I purchased a storm block, some hardware, and a Cool Drive 4 - silver. I had ordered on Thursday, and received my package on Saturday, thanks to USPS Priority. Needless to say I was very impressed with such fast shipping, until I opened the contents. I received everything that I had ordered, except that when I opened the Cool Drive 4, it was Black, not silver. I wasn't upset as most people would be; I also work for an online retailer, and I know how mistakes can happen. So I hopped online, requested an RMA, received my response within 24 hours, and a UPS return label via email within 36 hours. I shipped out the rma'd cool drive 4 on Monday, Nov 21st. I did not receive a reply by Nov 25th, when my package had arrived, so on November 29th I sent an email but never got a response.

On December 2nd I called and spoke to a Representative, who said he look into the matter. About 8 hours later, I received an email with a tracking number, and the following day, I received a personal email, again, with my tracking number.

So, today is December 10th, and I received a box containing my Cool Drive 4. I open it up and see its marked BLACK on the box and has the BLACK part number on it. So, again, I have a black cool drive 4 and a pulsating vein on my forehead.

I have already emailed svc, advising them of what has happened, and requested a response back as to what they are going to do to resolve this. They had such a good report going and not paying to details has since marred my view of SVC.

If you were in my shoes, what would you do?

1. Demand a silver cool drive 4 be sent out now with a return label?
2. Request a refund, lose my time invested, and still not have my cool drive 4 silver?
3. Say, screw the cool drive and get a MCR220-QP (radiator) which i also need?

Thanks for your input - ~w.r.

I have had mixed luck with SVC as well. Literally 50/50. However, they ALWAYS fix their problems quickly and nicely. If you have the patience to wait on another drive I say 1, but if you don't and you need the radiator just go with 3.

Search my name with SVC and you will see my story. I had 50/50 luck with them as well. One time they packed a few CCFLs with nothing but the box as packing! And a BIG box at that. They were rattling all around!

JT

White Runner said:
I havent received an email back from them today, so I doubt that I will hear from them before monday :(

Hopefuly things will work out for you. Keep us updated.

I've ordered a couple little things like lights and cables from SVC at different times and had no problem but the one time I ordered something big my order was delayed for more than a week and I eventually cancelled it. I tried to order some OCZ a while back and that was the bad order, apparently they drop ship items like that which can cause problems like mine because the seller has no control over when stock runs out. Not a reliable way to sell especially when pc parts go in and out of stock so fast these days.

I would just cancel your order, if they cant get the order right then they don't need or want your business enough to check the items before shipping. Plenty of other places can.

I've never had problems with them- if it was me, I'd call them and have them ship the correct unit, and ship their's back.

Emailed on on sunday, emailed on monday, with no answers... so far 0-4 for emails i think... Called them on monday to see what was up; and they said I had to go thru the proper channels; being creating an RMA request form... I commented that this "Channel" hasnt worked thus far; and when can i expect this to be resolved.... they said you need to request an rma first... So, I have setup an RMA, yesterday at 12:11pm ; and still no response. Granted it hasnt been 24 hours, but to me this is unacceptable. They open at noon my time, ill post after I call them again. :(

Got an email today with a shipping label to mail the wrong drive back. Getting a refund and searching elseware. :(

Sorry to hear you lost time, but at least you will get your money back. Like I said I have a 50/50 record with SVC, but they have never been this bad.

Yeah, I was disappointed as well; i also requested getting another item as well, but the reply was that it is not allowed. So elseware my business goes.

I also had problems with their packing recently, mostly they're great but I tried to add parts to an order and it seems that different departments aren't communicating, as shipping told me that I'd have to talk to the RMA people about getting the parts I had added to my order.

Back