• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer freezes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xstatic

Ok this problem gas been going on for about a month or 2. My computer freezes every 62 seconds for about 2 seconds and then resumes like normal. It will do this if im just listening to mp3's or watching videos, surfing the net, playing games or just moving the mouse on the desktop. It don't matter what is happening, it will still do it and then resume and work fine till the 60 or so seconds is up and then rinse and repeat.

I have formatted and reinstalled xp pro and it worked fine for about a week or so with no problems at all until one day it started and has ever since. Now I'm just fed up and cant take it no longer. Any ideas?

Sys specs...

Amd 2500 oc'd to 2.2g
512 bh-5
80 gig split 3 ways C drive =20g, D drive =35g, E drive =20g
2x 200g sata's F drive and G drive
250g H drive
Radeon 9800
DVD burner and a CD burner
450watt PUS
Temps are as follows... CPU=low to mid 30's Celsius, system=mid to low teens Celsius

I have tried to lower the oc to default and no change.

And ideas or questions fire away please.

are you current on all updates ?

bios, chipset drivers, xp updates

have you ran memtest for memory errors ? any test for cpu ?

does checkdisk and a defrag help the problem for a short period of time if at all ?

do you have all antivirus, firewall, and spyware tools ?

how do you have your xp installed (what partion - etc...)
do you custom set your pagefile ?

:D

Back