• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where can I find viruses?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

I know this sounds wierd but I was reading through the virus thing where he tested his computer against several viruses. I thought that was pretty cool and I'd like to do that myself from time to time when new AV's come out. Where can you download the folder of Viruses?

I would say you could find one pretty easly in limewire. just search applications for "windows xp" or "windows vista" I gurentee that you can find one. They will be zipped and be a exe file

I hope your using it for what your saying, and not getting back at a ex gf's computer or somethin. LOL

Just surf on IE with all the settings off. Click on as many nude sites and pop-ups as you can. ;)

Just be extremely carefull with what you're doing, wouldn't want a friend to end up in jail. :)

I'd suggest PMing that guy who did that, seeing where he got them.

I say this because I think it may be against the rules to talk about where to get viruses, and it would also be easier just to PM him, since he had all of them.

I don't think eicar would work. I think he wants to download an exe with 30,000 viruses and test whichever AV software detects the most. Eicar will just help him to see if the AV is correctly installed.

Yeah ecair really wont help him. I don't havea link now but google it, I once wanted the same thing. After some time on google I finally amounted around 10k Viruses. Not the biggest number in those test but a decent size. Just google something like antivirus test file, or mass virus download.

no I promise this is just for testing reasons. I'd also like to find an malware or adware file to download. What sparked my interest is that my mothers computer has something I have been unable to fix. However Kaspersky all the sudden found a virus that bit defender didn't. So as all the new Nortons, Bit defenders, Nod32's, Pandas ect. Come out I want to see what they are made of. Great article IMHO!

Wow Kaspersky found 3 viruses on this computer that Bit-defender didn't. And I was such a big fan of it! I'm also a huge fan of the Panda Suites. I wonder if they hold up.

Yeah panda holds up pretty well. A member here did a huge comparision of them all http://www.overclockers.com/articles1260/ which you may like. Though I saw the same thing once using over 30k viruses and Panda got second, with Kersepky first. The problem with Panda is it is sstarting to be more like norton, which as we all know is a system hog big time. I used to swear by it and still use the online scanner as a backup but as the primary AV I just don't think it is the best option any more.

Norton AV alone is ok, but man, my mom's lappy has this other crap, it's ridiculous. It's like Symantec is trying to be the operating system.

I don't use antivirus. As long as you're careful and use good sense you'll be fine. Once in a while I'll scan with Trend Micro free stuff and I never, ever get anything.

I'm downloading the Kaspersky 30day trial now to get rid of the three found viruses. Who knows if it's that good I guess I'll buy it.

Kaspersky really is quite good, i run it on my laptop and main pc.
My workplace uses avast! and i'm not particurally impressed with it, but it's not as system intensive as kaspersky, so i guess it's good in that sense.
Plus, it talks to you.

ClamWin anyone ? Gets the job done for me .. lol...but then again I havent got a virus in a long time just because you figure out what to not click on..= P

well you don't always get them like that. Take my mother who is not very computer literate and leave her alone for half a year then come back. Just doing basic stuff she does she manages to get a few.

Back