• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a question about Windows Scripting Host

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

[Solved]I have a question about Windows Scripting Host

I have just done a reinstall of XP Pro/sp2 since changeing m/b and vid card. The first thing I always do is use XP Antispy and turn OFF a bunch of things I don't need or want, like Messenger, the Scripting Host, etc. After getting all my programs reinstalled I don't remember this problem. It seems to my shakey memory that after install the latest DHzeroPoint drivers that now on boot I get a popup that says the Scripting Host is not available and to contact the admin. The drivers also installed something called "New Nvidia Control Panel" or at least a link to it. I uninstalled the drivers in hope it would go away, but alas, it is still there. There is no option to remove this control panel thing. I also tried Driver Cleaner in Safe Mode with no luck.
Is there any way to see what is calling for the Scripting Host on boot? I have already checked the Run keys in the registry and also any references in the Win.ini and Sys.ini with no luck at seeing the culprit. I really don't want to turn on scripting to see what happens.

After posting this I read down a few post and someone mentioned a program called CCleaner. Since it was free I decided to test it. It had a function in it's tools to check Startup items. It shows exactly what program installed what Key. I found the one that the DHzeroPoint install created for the Control Panel and sure enough it called for a .vbs. Deleted that Key and all is now well again.

Last edited:
Back