• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are your thoughts on this heater core?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trios

I'm going to be building a new computer in the next couple months (when my Navy bonus finally kicks back) and I'm definately going to be water cooling. Looking at DangerDen radiators and such are sooo expensive, and while I don't want to script on shoddy parts, I was thinking a heatercore could do the job.

It looks like I could fit 2 120mm fans on this one...

http://www.napaonline.com/masterpag...HC&PartNumber=6603026&Description=Heater+Core

Your thoughts?

Didn't see that rad..

Biggest question is, which one would cool better...?

Most folks that use heatercores use the '77 bonneyville cores from autozone for like $20. Realize that you will also have to make some kind of a shroud for that heatercore. A heatercore is thicker and hence will work best with higher CFM fans, whereas the BIPII is not as thick and works better with lower CFm fans (llike below 70cfm). They both should cool comparatively with one another. If it was me, I would buy the BIPII and be done with it.

I have both in different rigs. The only thing that makes me shy away from endorsing the '77 bonny is that trying to make a good quality shroud in aesthetics and function just isn't worth the time in doing so. I have a BIX pro on my folding rig with 2 fans in push/pull that runs just as cool and with just a simple bolt up to fans was a breeze to install. Looks a lot better too. If you get a HC, do it to tell people you have car parts in your PC like the rest of us ;)

Back