• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to watercooling and open to suggestions!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rev

I'm sure you guys get a million of these threads. I've gone through the stickies and some of the Q&A's and still have a few questions left.

So I'm building a new rig in the next month and I've decided to go water. I've nailed down the processor (AMD X2 3800+) and the MB (Epox EP-9NPA+Ultra) and within the next 4 months will be adding a beefy x16 graphics card (haven't nailed down which yet), so keep in mind whatever you suggest has to be able to expand for a graphics card later. I have about ~$250-350 budgeted to cooling and case. I'm looking for good performing cooling I want to OC and fold like no tomorrow, however noise is a bit of a factor, I dont want it to be incredibly noisy. I have an extensive tool collection (or if I need to I can pick up whatever else I need) and I can probably do just about anything provided I'm given a general idea of what I'm looking to do. Dont worry about giving me a junkier setup because its easier to assemble.

So what should I go with?

It is hard to really nail down exact recommendations not knowing the case you are going to use, but in general, you could go with an MCP655 (D5) pump ($80), Apogee CPU wb ($40), t-line or Swiftech Micro res ($15), BIPII ($40) (or maybe even a BIPIII if you can fit it), and a DDMaze4 GPU wb ($45). Your rad fans need to have some kind of controller so you can undervolt them to keep down the noise level. These are all good quality parts, but there are also lots of different options out there.

Back