• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water level

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
Ok have a small question on T-lines as for the longest time I used a res. Ok first over the past two to three weeks the water level in my t-line (7/16" tubing used) has dropped three inches. I have dye lite in the water and have used UV lights to see if anything was glowing letting me know of a leak and have found nothing. Is it possible that the P4 520 @3.5GHz is causing enough heat to evap the water? I have checked the fittings and all are always dry and have checked the sleas on the block as well and they are still dry. Any info, ideas or help would be very grateful.

Sound like you just drained/filled the radiator recently. I've had that happen to me to and I think it is normal. The air is just leaving your radiator and going to your T-line, hence the level drop. It should go down as much anymore.

If the water has dropped AND the system is truly sealed then evaporation is not the culprit. Most probably there could have been some air in either a larger pocket in the rad or elsewhere that was not visible to you or the micro bubbles in the fluid are settling out.

Assuming you have decent airflow through your system then its also possible you have an extremely slow leak which allows the moisture to evaporate and be vented from your system. These can be real buggers to figure out unfortunately due to a lack of 'evidence' to point to the connection culprit.

Pretty much you will need to keep an eye on the fluid level for a few weeks. If it continues to drop I would go back over all connections and look at either tightening the clamps or possibly even replacing them (if any are suspect). If it doesnt drop much further or the rate of dropping slows then most probably its just some of the air that made it into the loop at filling is working its way out.

Yea so far system has been running for about 5 maybe 6 months. It started the day I got my 120.3. I have changed the system lay out once and the water level still goes down. I keep an eye on it as the rig is to my left with no side on it. I guess I could always take the 120.3 to a local rad show and have them test and repair it if needed. After all it would have to be cheaper then buying a new 120.3. As for air flow I have 3 120mm high speed tri-blade deltas on the 120.3,

There is always some evaporation in all systems, but it should take a long time to leak enough to really notice. If it's not a leak your water level should stop sinking within 3 days normally, but it could just be air from your radiator. Check that it is properly bleeded.

ocZer said:
There is always some evaporation in all systems, but it should take a long time to leak enough to really notice. If it's not a leak your water level should stop sinking within 3 days normally, but it could just be air from your radiator. Check that it is properly bleeded.

I would hope that after a two month time since I last filled it, that it would be bleed by now.

Back