• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

testing a new setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

liftedcj7on44s

ok i had an idea today. can you take either the radiator or the heater core and just let it sit in a bucket of cold water? should be able to get temps down like that. dont know how fast the water would heat up though. just ponder on that one. some one try it,lol

With no water flow, it'd warm up pretty fast and then wouldn't be able to cool down. You might get lower temps at first, but after a few minutes it'd be worse than just using fans.

cooling

thats what i was thinking. im about to get a heater core for a toyota truck and it looks like it will fit 4 120mm fans, thats should do the job. how about running both a radiator and a heater core?

What pump do you have? It'd need to be preety good to be able to push through all the resistance, and make it worth it. What else do you have in your setup? If you have a ton of stuff, it might be worth, otherwise probably not.

cooling

lol i dont have a setup yet. i was planning on getting a swiftech ultra kit, there best kit. im just throwing out ideas open for bashing if you like.

Back