• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whats up with this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mayagrafix

My PC keeps running dwwin.exe process up the wazoo! in task manager it shows up like 30 times.
wintaskmagr.jpg

Also running at the same time is Lsass.exe and ~e5d141.tmp.

what is the story with this? I've checked and Dwwin is a legal microsoft part of the OS, and the reside in the correct directories (C:/windows/system32).

I'm running XP SP2

Thanks for any help amigos :)

lsass.exe is also normal. it's part of windows. The ~e5d141.tmp file however, is spyare/malware. End the process, then clear out your temp files. As for dwwin.exe, end all of the instances of it, the run msconfig and find out how many times it is in the list. if it's more tham one, you may have a problem. it looks like dwwin.exe is the error reporting tool in windows, which if it's running more than one instance, you may have a problem that you don't know about. Run full system scans of AV and other tools to try and pinpoint the problem.

Matt

Back