• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black marks on waterblock?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

millard

Registered
I am still awaiting the arrival of my GPU and RAM befoe my new rig is (finally) complete. So, obviously, the system has NEVER been used.

BUT... my water block (see sig) is starting to get black marks on top (around the inlet tube). NO water has EVER passed through ANY of the w/c system and I can't figure it out?!

The marks do not rub off and seem to appear from no where... any ideas?!

ALSO... (just to keep it in the same thread)... is it safe to run cables underneath the motherboard? I understand that thick cables will bend the MoBo, but I'm only talkin about using the space under the MoBo to make the case look better and less like a spaghetti junction! lol

Cheers in advance.

well there's no way in hell im using my ketchup (i love that stuff! lol) but thanks for the tip... what causes it?

what about cables under my mobo?

Oxygen basically. Think about it... Statue of Liberty is copper... so why isn't it copper colored?

S'just areas of the copper that have been exposed to humid air, and it's slightly tarnished it. S'no biggy and a usual occurence.

is it safe to run cables underneath the motherboard? I understand that thick cables will bend the MoBo, but I'm only talkin about using the space under the MoBo to make the case look better and less like a spaghetti junction! lol

Yep, just make sure there's no overly long n' sharp solder points on the back of the board liable to penetrate thinly-shielded cabling... other than that, good to go.

Back