• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help extracing files

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amarkarian

NO WAREz.

i have a movie file that is 56 .rar ( i think files) how do i turn this into something i can play on my computer?

Amarkarian said:
NO WAREz.

i have a movie file that is 56 .rar ( i think files) how do i turn this into something i can play on my computer?

*.rar is a format similiar to *.zip, so I would just recommend uncompressing it with WinRAR (http://www.rarlab.com/), and then see if anything is inside after the extraction. Other than that, there isn't much more you can do.

I noticed some people recommended some programs to extract it, but they didn't explain how to. If you use Winrar, which is what I use...you just right click on the first file..prolly looks like this blahblah.r00,next would be .r01, .r02 etc.. and extract it to itself and it will make a folder with the name of the file. Open that and your mpeg, xvid, avi etc...should be in there. Any problems shoot me a PM.

Back