• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd Cpu Driver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yes
AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor Driver for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Version (exe) 1.2.2.2

Does the processor driver still need to be installed even after installing the latest VIA chipset drivers? OT, but did you know that BIOS 26 has been released for the AV8? I see in your sig that you're running w/ BIOS 24.

The CPU driver you refer to adds the command line switch /usepmtimer to the boot.ini file. It seems that your boot.ini may be set to read only in its properties, which could be causing that error message.

then again this is just a guess

If that is the case, where do I find teh setting to change it??

I have looked in the following:

right click My Computer, Advanced, StartUp and Recovery,

use windows explorer to find the boot.ini file on the root drive make sure the show hidden files setting is on also. once you find it on the drive, just right click it, and select properties. there you can see if its read only or not. uncheck it if it is.

The cool'n quiet thing never did actually work for me. At least according to the reading of cpu-z when I added the driver.

Trombe said:
The cool'n quiet thing never did actually work for me. At least according to the reading of cpu-z when I added the driver.

Yeah last I've heard, it's pretty problamatic for people.

well, I tried to uninstall the amd driver and now whenever I boot up it asks for the AMDK8.sys file........ ??? Help needed pls...........lol. I tried reinstalling the via 4.56 drivers but those dont help if they even could have. Any ideas?

having som e time , I went into the device manager and just rolled back the drivers and installed the ms ones.

Back