• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem playing with the Divx codec

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crb806

I am having a problem playing things with the Divx codec on the SonyVaio Laptop, when i am playing a clip it will often play a few seconds then go to the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH in which i read about an error with the physical dump memory blah blah or it just plain freezes. Has anyone encountered this before or heard of it before or maybe even know a way to help me fix this VERY annoying problem? :bang head

Without knowing which version of Windows and Divx you're running... I know that Divx v5.2 causes just this type of problem with XP SP2, and AFAIK also with SP1. If in fact you're using the v5.2 version, try uninstalling it and revert to an older version like v5.1. You could also try uninstalling Divx, turn off DEP (Data Execution Prevention)... this assumes you're running SP2, then reinstall Divx. For extra security, turn DEP back on and add into the exceptions list anything that uses Divx (ie media players, Divx itself).

Back