• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maze4-GPU vs Silverprop Fusion HL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pwnt by pat

Which one performs better on the newer cards? I'm looking to lose the aluminum, worser (not a word) performing mcw50 on my x850xt as it can't step is and aluminum.

Fusion is a copper block brass top that's been around since the the 9800s (earliest I remember hearing of them). I think they were topping 9800 pro's then, and I know the maze-4 hasn't changed at all since then but I forget how close they were?

Maze4 is cheaper and you can get it in US, Fusion HL is expensive and you can't get it in US, as far as the performance goes they are about the same or very slightly better on FusionHL I think it's not worth to get FusionHL

silverprop probably performs a bit better but it's hard to get ahold of, expensive, and you have to wait two weeks while it comes from overseas. also, the 6800/7800/x1800 mounting isn't any good.

poogl3 said:
How do these two GPU blocks compare with the Swiftech MCW55 ?

MCW for 3/8 tubing, and DD Maze4 GPU for 1/2. They peform very simlilar.

Silverprop for bling factor, DD Maze4 for convenience and ease of install. Performance difference between the two is negligable.

J.

The problem that I see with the maze4 is its mounting rods. It is unnecessarily long and in SLI setup, it can take up addition PCI slots above the cards. I've looked and I said I'll keep looking. The Fuzion mounting is very low profile although clumsy.

I wish the maze 4 would have a different barb system. Some angled barbs or something so the tubing doesn't have to bend like a mofo and it's so inconvenient.

I haven't heard of too much of a problem with maze4 and sli? Lo-pro blocks as it IS a design from several years ago.

The barb system is fine, it comes out the front. How else do you want it?

If I pick one up, I'm drilling out the inside so the 90 degree bend isn't so sharp, and adding some cross cuts to the pattern.... maybe get just a top and a whole new base made.

Back