• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible air in the system??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dak9767

Ran the tubing tonight and filled the system. I used distilled water, 10-15% antifreeze and a few drops of iodine. But still have have very small bubbles in the system. I've been rocking the case from side to side and front to back to help bleed the system. After the pump is shut off the bubbles rest to the top of the tubing.Are the tiny bubbles from the antifreeze being agitated or do I still have air in the system? If it is still air is there anything I can do to help bleed the system better?

EDIT: I can see the small bubbles coming out of the barbs of each block in a circular motion.

Run the system for a few hours, they'll slowly bleed out of the water. It's normal for this to happen. You can speed up the process by repeatedly starting/stopping the pump to encourage the bubbles to bleed faster, but generally I would only do that with an AC pump.

If it's possible, take your loop out of the case. Unless you modded your case to optimally bleed your system, you'll probably have an easier time bleeding outside.

I personally wouldn't take the loop out of the case. That is a lot of trouble. Bubbles are normal and especially if you are using a t-line, it can take days for them to work out. But don't sweat it-they will work themselves out. If it really concerns you, you can add one drop of jet dry to lower the surface tension and help with the bubbles. Otherwise, just let it run, forget about it, and just check your water in a few days.

:p I just did the plumbing for my first system last night. After it was all filled up and started running there were massive amounts of air bubbles. I just un-mounted my tline from the case and moved it up as high as I could possibly get it, rearranged some things and all, then tied it to the case. Let it run for 2 hours and the air bubbles were nearly all gone. First time a bled a system before so I really didnt know what to do but it seemed to work pretty well..

I always run mine with the fill plug on the reservoir uncapped for about 24-48 hours after a new fill. This always eliminates 99% of the air in the system. Keeping the reservoir and fill hole higher than the rest of the system help the process as well since air always tries to travel to the highest point in the system.

You're doing fine bud.
There's alot of "disolved" air in the water itself, and you're seeing the result of running that water at speed. The disolved air collects to larger bubbles whenever the system is off and will soon have enough floatation to escape the filler side of the T instead of just speeding through it.

Tiny bubbles like that 2mm and under is no threat to your cooling or your pump, an will eventually escape.

To speed it up some, just run for a bit, shut off the pump and work out the collected bubbles, then run for a bit more etc...

Back