• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Friend has a problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Matarael

In short:

Starts up PC, works fine.
Goes for a dump, comes back to a BSOD.
Whenever he boots up, it gives him the option of safe mod, but the arrow keys don't work.

There isn't much more info I can tell you since I haven't been to his house. But if anyone has any ideas, avoiding a reformat (He wants to keep a lot of stuff), then I'd be grateful. The only thing I know is that he had less than 1gb of hard drive space left if that helps at all?

Regards,

Keypad arrow keys don't work, either? (Never tried using them on a safe mode boot up, doesn't hurt to try though.)

Any number of things could be wrong with your friend's computer (spyware, virud, bad driver, bad memory, etc.) Ask if your friend installed anything recently, which antivirus/antispyware, you get the picture.

Try a different KB perhaps?? Seems odd that the arrow keys are not working in the boot menu. Does the KB work in the BIOS?

Z

Back