• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just an FYI, Windows Update

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmm.. I have mine set to auto download but manual install only. I know I just got the malicious software thinger, and some security patch's for IE. Nothing too insidious that I could see.

mm.... dont bother me i have to re-install everything! Flash aint working and neither is toonboom and i need them for uni... ill redo it all later tho and check :)

It takes about three clicks to see what would be downloaded... and it's already DLed and installed on mine, just check and see.

I don't get what you are saying still. Is it installing another bad update that ism essing up computers? Or are you just saying that Auto Update is on by defualt in SP2 and we should turn it off?

A lot of members on here have the auto updating disabled, and miss newer updates. I'm simply telling them that they should manually install them now, in case they don't check manually often. That is all.

This post was slightly pointless. People who build computers, are usualy asked to sort out their friends malfunctioning pc - spyware etc. They know about patches, win update etc....

True, but people who overclock and tweak and kill services left and right may not manually check for updates often.

Sorry, please delete.

Back