• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR Generic or name brand???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
if ur not going to go over the speed of ur memory then go with generic. say that u have a celeron 600 and that baby uses a 66mhz fsb and u buy generic sdram pc 133. ur more then safe using that cuz ur nowhere close of being that speed!!

well i was thinking about getting pc2100 but i want to overclock my new tbird im getting so would it be a good idea to go ahead and get pc 2400 ?

-=HN=- Wild9 said:
well i was thinking about getting pc2100 but i want to overclock my new tbird im getting so would it be a good idea to go ahead and get pc 2400 ?
just keep in mind good 2100 will clock as high as 2400 .The only diference between the two is that 2400 is tested at a higher clock speed.

-=HN=- Wild9 said:
ehh should i go with generic or house brand of DDR or just pay the extra and go with the name brand stuff?

Definately go for the name brand stuff. It is a lot more stable and reliable. It is well worth the couple of extra $'s you pay for it. Also my friend got some generic memory, and it was CRAP. It would not overclock worth a damn, and you could not even set it to CL2 latency. Get name brand. Its worth the money!!
Abb

i have a stick of 256mb ddr generic cheapo crap ram but it does 158mhz @ cas2 with very agressive timings. voltage is at 2.8v and it has those heatspreaders from thermaltake on it. i'm really satisfied but i think i was just lucky to get 1 good stick out of a million crappy ones. you should get brand ram like crucial, it's more reliable and overclockable.

Ram is the bargain of the century right now. Buy good name brand stuff. There's no longer a need to take a chance with some generic iffy "broker grade" 4 layer road apples.

Back