• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New To Partitioning! HELP Please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shawkins

Hey all, I want to put a 10GB partition on my Raptor for my OS and other OS apps. That way incase it ever gets messed up, I can just reformat that partition and not loose all my files such as my music, pictures and MS office files. So setting up a partition will let me do this correct?

So how do I go about partitioning? I have never done it before. I vaguely remember when installing XP that you could setup a partition. I didnt know about it so I didnt do it. So how do I go about setting up a partition? Should I use the XP disk to do it or is there another way that is better?

I was reading the sticky about partitioning, but it got me all confused real quick. LOL

Sorry for the NooB questions!

Thanks!

when you boot from cd and after it loads the setup files it will show the c parittion and you choose then if you want to install or delete that partiton. then i think it shows avaible mbs on the drive and you enter 10000 mbs for your xp partiton maybe a few hundred extra too get a full 10g partiton. then do a quik format and install xp then go into disk mangement and format the rest of the drive for your apps/games etc.

Back