• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thank goodness for mcmaster.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pwnt by pat

1 15 Ft. 5233K44 Masterkleer General Purpose Clear PVC Tubing 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD, 3/32" Wall Thickness $0.41 $6.15 today

2 1 Ft. 5233K71 Masterkleer General Purpose Clear PVC Tubing 3/4" ID, 1" OD, 1/8" Wall Thickness $0.83 $0.83 today

3 10 Ft. 5233K68 Masterkleer General Purpose Clear PVC Tubing 1/2" ID, 3/4" OD, 1/8" Wall Thickness $0.66 $6.60 today

4 1 4881K131 Thk-Wall Dark Gray PVC Unthrd Pipe Fittings 3/4" X 1/2" Pipe, Reducing Coupling, Schedule 80 $1.83 $1.83 today

edit: WEEE this is my 2001th post! 8 stars

I've been to the mcmaster in Atlanta and it is huge. The variety of stuff they carry is incredible.

I got turned onto them in the early 90's, ordering stuff through the tool crib's catalogue at work.

It's like Tim Taylor's candyland!

I used to buy stuff from them back when the only way to do so was with their huge doorstop of a yellow catalog. Now, I never touch paper when ordering from them. It's all about the web baby.

Keep in mind, however, that many things at McMaster can be purchased for a lower price from a supplier that's closer to the industry of the product your buying.

An example: I was having a horrible time finding the exact cabinet pulls I wanted for my DIY kitchen. I found something very close to what I wanted at McMaster, and ordered ONE of them. When I got it, I found the manufacturer stamped on the back of it, then Googled. I found that Expo Center (division of Home Depot) carried them, at a lower price, and with a larger variety of sizes too.

Just accept that the huge sku count that McMaster has to offer comes at a huge price to them, and to you too.

Back