• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DD NV78 owners, important question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DoweX

Registered
Im looking at getting the DD NV78 cooler, and Im wondering how well it mates with Nvidia reference designs, specifically the BFGtech 7800gtx (pic linkety: PIC on NEWEGG ). It looks to me like the fan connector might interfere with the mounting. Anyone care to comment?

I have that same block but its on a 7800 gt. the fan connector is out of the way and it should fit just fine the only difference with yours is that there are ram chips on the other side of the card that will still need to be cooled

save the cash and get a Maze 4 and just put ramsinks on both sides of the card - what good does it do to WC the bottom 4 ram chips, and not the top 4 as well?

just my .02 on the NV-78

Sneaky said:
save the cash and get a Maze 4 and just put ramsinks on both sides of the card - what good does it do to WC the bottom 4 ram chips, and not the top 4 as well?

just my .02 on the NV-78

I agree. The NV-78 is prohibitively expensive. Especially if you are going to require ramsinks anyway.

kk. I assume I need to use something like AS silver or alumina epoxy for the ramsinks

if you get the OCZ copper BGA ramsinks (what i suggest) the thermal tape on them is good enough that you shouldn't need to use thermal epoxy to attach them

Back