• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1st Wc post

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eystan

This may be my first post here,but it is not my 1st time here.Santa (wifey poo) sent me a early x-mas present.Here are a couple of shots.You are looking at a Coolermaster Aquagate Mini R120,& a Antec Neo 480.YEEHAAA Both will be going into my current PC case,A Coolermaster CAV-T01-U1.The mini will be replacing my current cooling setup(check my sig) The NEO 480 will replace the SUBSTANDARD psu that came with the case.I will also be adding another CM Cooldrive6+60 gig maxtor.The mini has been running for 2 days now leak free !!! Yay!!.I'll be starting everything this weekend & will post pic's if you guy's want them(or is that a duh ?).But anyway enjoy the pic's.Oop's almost forgot,the Mini is & was running when I took the pic's.

Attachments

• wc2.JPG
    wc2.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 196
  • wc3.JPG
    wc3.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
congrats on your new wc system, even though i would of gone a different route, but as long as you like it.

I would have prefered to piece together a system that I could have upgraded myself,but the wife saved darn near a $100 on the psu & Aquagate mini Together.

eystan said:
Eureka !!! Finally!!...It's stable!.Ambient is 24.2 c Cpu temp is 22 c.Ummm I've kinda changed thing's a little picture's soon I promise ....

Where is the CPU temperature measured exactly? Below ambient is unlikely.

Ambient (8 CM Cooldrive 6 drive temp sensor's Averaged out tell me the ambient temp) is 23c.Also I cheated as I added a 100 mm fan to the radiator to blow air in as well as the 120 mm fan sucking air out.Cpu temp is measured with MBM5

Attachments

• wc1a.JPG
    wc1a.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 166
eystan said:
Ambient (8 CM Cooldrive 6 drive temp sensor's Averaged out tell me the ambient temp) is 23c.Also I cheated as I added a 100 mm fan to the radiator to blow air in as well as the 120 mm fan sucking air out.Cpu temp is measured with MBM5

Without resorting to a method like vapochill/prometia, there is no way that your CPU will be below or at ambient. The lower bound for WC systems seems to be 2-3 degrees C above. Not that I am hating though.. I really like your new rig!

:shrug: What's up guy's ??The ambient(living room) right now is 22.8c,The pc was on & folding all night (Cpu temp was 26c when I got up) I paused folding & did nothing but drink java & watch the am new's for 1 & a half hrs, so the pc could attain a good idle temp which is now at 21c.......Here are some pic's.The first one show's the area around my pc the other is info.

Attachments

• pcd3.JPG
    pcd3.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 63
  • pcd4.JPG
    pcd4.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 58
Ambient is 24.4....The last hour I have been doing these job's on the pc,some at the same time:F@H,surfing,editing photo's & sending e-mail's.My last post I was editing photo's,& F@H and my Cpu temp has yet to rise over 24c.Here are some pic's to whet your appetite.Rad2 : this show's the rad along with a 120 mm fan in front of it sucking air thru,& the 100 mm fan blowing in.Both fan's are speed controlled & set at full speed.You can also see the 2 80 mm Delta's sitting on top of the rad,these cool the NB & Ram.There is also a peek at my gpu hsf combo.Rad3 : This is a closeup of the waterblock/pump combo as it sit's on My Mobo.You can see that I had to bend some of the fin's on the Nb hs to allow the hose's to fit thru.The socket on this Mobo has a E-W orientation My last Mobo(Asusp4p800mx) Had a N-S orientation.YOU MUST PAY ATTENTION TO THE SOCKET ORIENTATION or you will cause yourself some serious grief(no I didn't cause myself grief.)
Rad5 : This show's how it all look's together.The radiator & it's 2 fan's along with the 2 delta's.The 120 rad fan also cool's off the graphic's card & the sound card.All of the above sit directly in front of the 3 1/4 Drive bay(5 slot's) all of which are unoccupied.
For the last half hour or so I have been writing this post,editing photo's, & F@H,The cpu temp is now 24c with an ambient temp(right now) of 20c.

If it had not been for all of the post's I have read and,all of the invaluable help I have received from everyone of you,I would have not been able to do this project.THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY :clap: :clap: :clap:

Attachments

• rad2.JPG
    rad2.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 59
  • rad3.JPG
    rad3.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 52
  • rad5.JPG
    rad5.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
After 5 hours of inactivity on my pc with ambient of 21.4 & both rad fan's turned all the way down,& the only activity is F@H cpu temp is 26c.Next step is to see how well my pc performs gaming.And with that,it's time to play a little painkiller.Toodle's.........

those are some good temps, CONGRADULATIONS, will you be adding to your loop? w/b for your graphics card?

Eystan, are your probes measuring ambient temperature within the case? If so, then it is possible to see higher ambient temps, when on water. This is especially true when the radiator is sucking fresh air directly from the outside.

All the electronics in the case are generating heat, including the actual PCBs. Some more than others, and the cumulative heat input will raise the ambient in the case, slightly, but noticeably.

Try putting a probe directly in front of the radiator and see what value that gives you. I also hope you understand why, its not possible to have a standard watercooling kit go subambient.

noxqzs does this pic answer your question ??? current ambient is 21.6c(Oooops almost forgot pc is currently F@H,surfing the web & editing photo's, this one for example and the working temp is 26c ...)What do you think ??

Attachments

• tmpsnsr.JPG
    tmpsnsr.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
I think thats great news.

eystan said:
.Ambient is 24.2 c Cpu temp is 22 c.....

eystan said:
Ambient (8 CM Cooldrive 6 drive temp sensor's Averaged out tell me the ambient temp) is 23c.

My original clarification was because of these comments. I assumed you had all probes located internally.

Back