• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

suppressor liquid for wc?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xdkimx

Registered
what do you guys think about using this product for liquid cooling http://www.ccfa.com/ExclusiveProducts.htm

i really dont have a clue on what this stuff is other than some sort of liquid used to cool down handgun and rifle suppressors i guess, but they say it cools better than water, doesnt dry up, isnt affected by heat, is non corrosive and im assuming, since they say it isnt a water based substance, algae would have a hard time developing, so i figured this would be a perfect substance for a w/c system or am i not getting something?

thanks for any input

Website Linked said:
In working with a chemical engineer, we found a heat absorbing liquid that actually works better than water as a coolant - if you have a hard time believing this, I wasn't ready to either.
I do have a hard to believing it, what can I say? I'm a skeptic :shrug:

In order for me to step out of my box and give this a try, I would need to see lots of independent test results. I'd just much rather see it in action first. Also you would have to see it's viscosity and how it will react while in a loop with a pump and waterblock. Keep in mind it wasn't designed for watercooling, but to cool suppressors, so you can't be sure it'll work as you hope.

Having said that, you are welcome to be the guinea pig and give it a try ;)

EDIT: Also you have to consider the price for this, $25 for 8oz... and how many ounces is your loop filled with?

Last edited:
hm yeah isnt very cheap it seems :( and i guess there isnt very much proof other than the guy saying its better lol

You also have to understand that it may be better suited than water at +300 degrees... but at the temps we run at , 75 f water temp avg or so, there isnt much that is better than water.

Also it states that it is an oil, so it'll most likely have higher viscosiy than water, thus putting more strain on pumps, and lowering flow rates. So overall it might not be well suited for our needs. But I eagerly await tests to prove me wrong, if it works better, it might be worth the price for closed loop systems, no need ever for water changes with this stuff most likely. Maintenance less liquid cooling? I like.

Back