• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird Crashing Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KiosoOwningDeus

I have this dell *gets tomatoed* and it has this problem. You see my problem is quite simple but I really have no clue how to fix it. Everytime I go to close IE,Firefox or MSN browsers, they appear to be closed, but I go into the Process list (on the task manager) it shows them as running. Now if this dell was mine I could simply close those on my own, but this dell is not mine (thank god) it's my mothers and she doesn't even know how to check her e-mail let alone to into the task manager. So she opens IE, closes it later, then opens a new one later and the build up till the whole computer pretty much crashes. Does anyone know how I could go about fixing this problem?

It's a newly installed windows w/sp2 (Pro Edition).

So when you close IE, it still shows up as a running process?... IEXPLORE.EXE; and it's still listed under the 'Applications' tab? With more than one instance of IE running, how many instances of IEXPLORE.EXE are shown under the Processes tab? Have you run a virus scan, checked for spyware/malware, etc.? Are all of the latest critical Windows Updates for SP2 installed?

Last edited:
Its very hard to get someone who doesn't pay attention to change. If you follow RD900 and Capt.Newbie's suggestions you have a start, but somehow you'll have to try to change your mother's browsing habits. Moms are notorius for not paying attention, but you at least have to try. I've beengoing through a similiar with my own mother, and I think I'm finally making a small bit of progress.

Back