• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another NewEgg / UPS complaint

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

perfectturmoil

Well, I myself have never had a problem with UPS / NewEgg..

I just ordered some christmas presents off of NewEgg. The order was placed on 12/11/05. The two packages were shipped on 12/12/05 and 12/13/05 respectively. They were both shipped with UPS 3 day.

The package shipped on 12/12 showed up on 12/14. Great.

The package shipped on 12/13, however, has been relisted on the shipping info as "Rescheduled delivery on 12/19/05. ??? Whats the deal with that? I pay for 3 day shipping and they "reschedule" it to 6 day? I mean.. I realize that a weekend fell in there, but weekends are only two days... So its still 4 business days.. And even if you consider them not starting counting till the next day, they should still deliver it before 3 days is up.

Great. Although my fedex guy beats the crap out of my packages and leaves them in bushes, at least the company itsself will actually try to get things there.

Apparently, UPS doesn't move anything on weekend(at least according to their shipping updates). I do believe you can file a complaint about the nontimeliness of a delivery, but don't be surprised if something like "wasn't home" or "couldn't sign" shows up. I honestly have to say, though, that orders I made this week shipped UPS 3Day showed up just fine.

It's not Newegg's fault that UPS suxxors. I ordered some stuff from the egg at 11pm CST and it was shipped out the next day. woot for the 'egg. UPS 2nd day took 3 days, I let the 'egg know about it and they refunded my shipping on the item that took three days, maybe they can do that for you. the 'egg will get their money back from UPS.

maelstromracing said:
It's not Newegg's fault that UPS suxxors. I ordered some stuff from the egg at 11pm CST and it was shipped out the next day. woot for the 'egg. UPS 2nd day took 3 days, I let the 'egg know about it and they refunded my shipping on the item that took three days, maybe they can do that for you. the 'egg will get their money back from UPS.

Yes but if you file a complaint they will throw it into the stack they have recieved thus far and eventually very well may remove the UPS option or make FedEx cheaper like before. Whenever I have had a problem with UPS, usually Newegg contacts them and I get my shipping refunded.

I had about 6-8 packages shipped to me in the last week for the upcoming holidays. Most were through FedEx, and two packages from tiger direct were with UPS. The FedEx packages got here (in the middle of nowhere) in 2-3 days on average, with GROUND. Not bad.

The two UPS packages were shipped on the 14th, out of Illinois, and still haven't made it out of Illinois. *grumble*

brickout said:
The two UPS packages were shipped on the 14th, out of Illinois, and still haven't made it out of Illinois. *grumble*
UPS is on da grind. :cool:

I've always favored UPS over FedEX because they've been cheaper.

However, during a time when I was order computer parts from different vendors and being shipped by different methods, I can say that FedEx is easier to work with (For me anyway, as I've been able to goto their local hub to pick up packages I've missed) and try a bit harder (as in 2 trucks coming nearly at 8pm to pickup a package that may have been overlooked).

But only once have they been a day ahead of schedual with my shipment though.

Yeah I sent a complaint to UPS.. And they made the excuses they always do..

You know.. because we consumers don't actually understand how things work.. because six days is in actuality only 3 days..

I sure wish finals week would work like that :- [

Back